Dear Residents and Community Partners,
The East Harlem Health Action Center invites you to apply to the Resident Action Committee, which is a resident-led group that will inform current and future work of the East Harlem Neighborhood Health Action Center. The East Harlem Action Center serves as your local health department resource to provide resources and programming to improve the health of East Harlem residents. Resident Action Committee members will serve a minimum of two years. The Committee will meet at least 6 times every year and members will receive $100 per meeting.
We are looking for 20 dedicated East Harlem residents to do the following:
· Review and comment on Action Center policy, research, and programmatic agendas;
· Advise the Action Center in planning, implementation, evaluation, and dissemination of activities;
· Act as ambassadors for the Action Center to the larger East Harlem community
· Live in zip codes 10029 or 10035
· Be age 16 or over
· Commit to serving on the Committee for at least two years
· Attend six meetings per year
· Not be an employee of the Health Department or an East Harlem Action Center co-located partner
Please see the Resident Action Committee Membership Application for more information and instructions on how to apply.