Most of our work happens in committee meetings where we discuss proposed projects and programs, receive updates from agencies, and hear feedback from community residents and stakeholders.
The Board has standing committees that practice oversight of New York City functions, including human services, infrastructure, and government affairs. Each committee is headed by a Committee Chair, includes at least three members, and meets at least once a month. In addition, the Board Chair may convene subcommittees or task forces, to review and make recommendations regarding specific topics.
After a proposal is heard by the appropriate committee(s), a recommendation is then sent to be considered by the full Board.
Each Board Member serves on at least two of our standing committees or subcommittees. Board Members are assigned to committees at the sole discretion of the Board Chair.
- Bylaws Committee
- District Needs & Budget Review Committee
- Economic Development, Culture & Tourism Committee
- Elections Committee
- Environment, Open Space & Parks Committee
- Executive Committee
- Health, Human Services, Immigration & Seniors Committee
- Housing Committee
- Land Use, Landmarks & Planning Committee
- Licenses & Permits Committee
- Office Oversight Committee
- Public Safety & Transportation Committee
- Youth & Education Committee