The Land Use, Landmarks & Planning Committee works to ensure that all proposed development and rehabilitation projects, as well as planning efforts, are responsive to the needs of our community for quality affordable housing and local hiring, including utilizing local professional consultants, contractors, suppliers, and vendors. And further that these projects include quality of life improvements, green/sustainable and contextual design elements, and foster the creation and/or preservation of open space.
The committee is responsible for evaluating and coordinating recommendations for actions subject to public review including:
- Zoning Map Changes
- Disposition of real property (City-owned property)
- Zoning Resolution Text Amendments
- Designation of Urban Development Action Area (UDAA)
- Designation of Urban Development Action Area Projects (UDAAP)
- Minor Modifications to prior approved ULURP actions
- Zoning Variances and/or Special Permits
- Inclusionary Housing applications
- 421-a Property Tax Exemption applications
- Certificates of Appropriateness
2nd Wednesday of the month at 6:30 pm. Please check the calendar for the meeting location and agenda.
Complete a Request for Committee Presentation Form and submit it to the staff liaison.