Land Use, Landmarks & Planning Committee
Meets on the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 6:00 p.m.
Chairperson: Candy Vives-Vasquez
Vice-Chair: Steven Villanueva
Staff Liaison: Angel Mescain
The Land Use, Landmarks & Planning Committee reviews and guides land use matters, including those which come before the board as part of the Uniform Land Use Review Procedure and other processes in which public review is necessary. Through careful review and subsequent negotiations the committee ensures that the built form that is developed is sensitive to the needs of the community and targets community benefits such as housing affordability, local hiring, green/sustainable design, creation/preservation of open space, contextual design and other quality of life improvements, utilizing local professional consultants and contractors whenever possible.
The Land Use, Landmarks & Planning Committee reviews
- all actions subject to the Uniform Land Use Review Procedure – NYC Department of City Planning (DCP)
- applications for Work on Designated Properties – NYC Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC)
- applications for Zoning Variances and/or Special Permits – NYC Board of Standards & Appeals (BSA)
- Affordable Housing Plan applications pursuant to the Inclusionary Housing Program – NYC Department of Housing Preservation & Development (HPD)
- applications for the 421a Partial Tax Exemption Program – NYC Department of Housing Preservation & Development (HPD)
Requests for Letters of Support
Applicants requesting letters of support for site-control of city-owned sites, zoning changes or zoning variances must submit a completed Community Board 11 City Properties & Zoning Checklist before their request will be entertained by the Landmarks, Land Use & Planning Committee.