Meets on the 1st Wednesday of the month at 6:30 p.m.
Through careful review and mindful deliberation, the Land Use, Landmarks & Planning committee works to ensure that all proposed development and rehabilitation projects, as well as planning efforts, are responsive to the needs of our community for quality affordable housing and local hiring, including utilizing local professional consultants, contractors, suppliers, and vendors. And further that these projects include quality of life improvements, green/sustainable and contextual design elements, and foster the creation and/or preservation of open space.
The committee reviews and guides matters of land use and development requiring public review including, but not limited to, applications for:
- Actions subject to the Uniform Land Use Review Procedure – NYC Department of City Planning (DCP)
- Zoning Variances and/or Special Permits – NYC Board of Standards & Appeals (BSA)
- Mandatory Inclusionary Housing and Voluntary Inclusionary Housing programs – NYC Department of Housing Preservation & Development (HPD)
- 421a Partial Tax Exemption Program – NYC Department of Housing Preservation & Development (HPD)
- Work on Designated Properties – NYC Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC)
- Proposals from City agencies for projects on City-owned property – NYC Public Design Commission (PDC)
The following board members serve on this committee:
La Shawn Henry
Steven Villanueva – Chair
Angel Mescain (staff liaison)