Meeting time and location subject to change. Please refer to our calendar.
Committee Chair: Ny Whitaker
The committees’ mission is to advocate for quality service delivery that addresses the health and service needs and improves the quality of life of East Harlem residents.
The Human Services Committee works on a range of public policy issues pertaining to the provision of medical and mental health services; social services; and programs and services for seniors.
The committee works closely with local service and non-profit organizations; elected officials; and government agencies, including but not limited to:
- NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DoHMH)
- NYC Health & Hospitals (H+H)
- NYC Department of Homeless Services (DHS)
- NYC Human Resource Administration (HRA)
- NYC Department for the Aging (DFTA)
- Mayor’s Office of Immigrant Affairs (MOIA)
- NYS Office of Addiction Services and Supports (OASAS)
- NYS Office of Mental Health (OMH)