Generally meets on the 1st Wednesday of the month at 6:30 pm. Meeting time and location subject to change. Please refer to our calendar.
Committee Chair: Elsie Encarnacion
Through careful review and mindful deliberation, the Land Use, Landmarks & Planning committee works to ensure that all proposed development and rehabilitation projects, as well as planning efforts, are responsive to the needs of our community for quality affordable housing and local hiring, including utilizing local professional consultants, contractors, suppliers, and vendors. And further that these projects include quality of life improvements, green/sustainable and contextual design elements, and foster the creation and/or preservation of open space.
The Land Use, Landmarks & Planning Committee is responsible for evaluating and coordinating recommendations related to actions requiring public review including, but not limited to:
- Zoning Map Changes
- Disposition of real property (City-owned property)
- Zoning Resolution Text Amendments
- Designation of Urban Development Action Area (UDAA)
- Designation of Urban Development Action Area Projects (UDAAP)
- Minor Modifications to prior approved ULURP actions
- Zoning Variances and/or Special Permits
- Inclusionary Housing applications
- 421-a Property Tax Exemption applications
- Certificates of Appropriateness
A helpful summary for our review of the above processes is provided in our Land Use, Landmarks & Zoning Review Information Sheet.
Organizations proposing to develop within our district are asked to complete and submit a CB11 Land Use & Planning Questionnaire.